Types of Information We Collect
Orchard Title’s primary business is providing title insurance and/or escrow services for the sale or refinance of real property. During the performance of these services, Orchard Title collects a significant amount of personal and identifying information about the parties to a transaction. Orchard Title may collect the following categories of Personal Information:
- Contact Information. For example, we may collect your name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address. We may also collect your mobile phone number.
- Demographic Information. For example, we may collect your date of birth, gender, and marital status.
- Identity Information. For example, we may collect your Social Security Number, driver’s license, passport, or other government ID number.
- Financial Account Information. For example, we may collect loan or bank account information.
- Other Personal Information. From time to time, we may collect other personal information necessary to provide products or services to you.
Below are additional examples of information we may collect:
- Information You Provide. We may collect information when you contact us via the phone number or email address provided in our “Contact Us” section or through any other feature on our Website, as it may evolve from time to time.
- Device Information. For example, we may collect the type of device you use to access our Website. We may also collect your device identifier, IP address, or operating system.
- Other Information. If you use our Website, we may collect information about your browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us. We may also collect data relating to your location. This may include your exact location. We may also collect information about your social media accounts when you interact with us. This includes when you use your social media account to identify yourself on the Website.
How We Collect Your Information
Orchard Title collects your information in different ways.
We may collect Personal Information about you from:
- Information we receive from you, your lender, and your real estate agent;
- Information about your transaction from our affiliates or others working to facilitate your transaction; and
- Information we receive from public, private, or governmental databases, including consumer reporting agencies, either directly from these entities or through others.
We may also collect your information on the Website. Below are some examples:
- Directly From You. For example, we may collect your information when you submit an inquiry to us. We may also collect your information when you chat with a representative on our Website.
- Passively. For example, we may collect your information when you visit and navigate our Website on any device. We may also collect information about users over time and across different websites and devices when you use the Website.
- From Third Parties. We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, this may include receiving information from our business partners, including analytics vendors. This may also include social media or other websites such as Facebook and Google.
- By Combining Information. For example, we may combine information that we collect offline with information we collect through our Website. We may also combine information we collect about you from the different devices you use to access our Website.
How We Use Your Information
Orchard Title uses your non-public Personal Information that we collect from or about you in accordance with our Privacy Notice. Examples of how we may use your information include:
- To Run and Improve Our Website and Business. We may use your information to make our Website and business better. We may also use your information to provide you with information about our business.
- To Respond to Your Requests or Questions. This may include responding to your feedback.
- For Marketing Purposes. We may provide you with information about us and our business initiatives. For more information about your choices related to these communications received by email and text, see the Opt Out section below.
- Aggregated Statistics. We may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to our Website. We may display this information in aggregated form publicly or provide it to others.
- As Otherwise Permitted By Law or As We May Notify You. As may be further described in our Privacy Notice.
How We Share Information
We share non-public Personal Information that we collect from or about you in accordance with our Privacy Notice, which also provides you with choices about how we may share such information.
Orchard Title discloses your information in the following ways:
- Internally. We may share your information with our employees and agents.
- With our Service Providers. We may share your information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, this may include companies that send emails on our behalf or help us run our Website.
- To Comply with the Law or to Protect Ourselves. We may share your information in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request, or when Orchard Title believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Orchard Title, third parties, or the public at large.
- Business Transfers. If Orchard Title, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Orchard Title goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, your information may be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party.
- For Other Reasons We May Describe to You and As Permitted by Law. As may be further described in our Privacy Notice.
Please see our Privacy Notice for more information on how we may share information with affiliates and other third parties. As shown in our Privacy Notice, Orchard Title DOES NOT SHARE any of your information with non-affiliated companies for marketing or any other purpose, unless otherwise expressly directly by you.
You may direct us not to share your Personal Information with other third parties, except as permitted by law, as described in our Privacy Notice.
If we send you an advertisement or other promotional communication by email, you may choose to opt-out of receiving unrequested communications by clicking “unsubscribe” of a given communication or by emailing us at email@example.com with the subject line “Orchard Title Email Opt-out Notice”. You may revoke your consent to be contacted via phone by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Orchard Title Phone Opt-out Notice” or by replying STOP to a text notification.
Children and Privacy
This Website is not intended for use by children. If you are under the age of 18, you may use this Website only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. If we discover that we have collected any personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 18, we will remove that information from our database as soon as possible. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that we may have inadvertently collected personal information from your child, please notify us immediately by sending an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Orchard Title Children and Privacy Inquiry.”
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to protect the information we collect and maintain. We specifically take all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information. However, no method of Internet use, transmission over the Internet or other electronic transmissions, or method of electronic storage, is completely secure. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee (1) that these measures will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use, or disclose your information or (2) the absolute security of your Personal Information. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet.
How to Contact Us
Orchard Title Privacy Notices
Please see the applicable Privacy Notice below for more information on how we may share information with affiliates and other third parties.